Pages

April 8, 2013

Spring has sprung

This past week has been eventful, to say the least. Each and every day never cease to amaze me. As fun as it all was I’ve had everything that could possibly go wrong, go wrong. That’s just the life of a Grubbs.

It all started when I woke up with a random swollen eye that grew more irritating as the day progressed. Man, I tell you what, I itched that son of a gun more than a grown man with a nasty rash. It was that bad. My step-dad and I went to the doctor because his face was swollen like a balloon and he had the urge to itch too. Turns out… we both had a severe case of poison ivy.
We were given medicine and told to do absolutely anything but scratch the infected areas, but honestly if you got a itch, whether you should or you shaint, you’re gunna itch it. I don’t care who you are, everyone itches the spot that they are told not to just to feel that moment of rebelliousness and pure pleasure. A good scratchin’ is the best cure to irritated itchin’ in my book. Makes sense don’t it?
Anyway, my folks threw a party over the weekend and a few of my friends came out and joined. To no surprise, midnight rolls around and my neighbor starts handin out bottle rockets. You want to know the perfect night for a redneck? A little moonshine, nice warm bonfire, hot dogs and s’mores, good company, and explosives. You add all that together, I reckon it’s going to be one heck of a night.
Oh, but as most of my stories go you already know there’s a downfall to this rambunxiousness cause this big ol’ klutz just can’t go a day without her own personal excitement. Let’s just say, that’s the last time I wear my nice camo hoody to a bonfire (or at all for that matter). Seeing as how it now has a big gaping hole in it from where I got hit with a bottle rocket and a spark caught my hoody on fire, I don’t think I’ll be wearing it to anything but bonfires now. It’s all fun and games ‘til someone catches on fire.
I have had such a good time reconnecting with old friends, living life to the fullest, and let’s face it... the most exciting thing was simply being off work for a week. Working at Wal-Mart has it’s ups and it’s downs (more downs than ups), but I must say going back into work after being off for a week did not go how I anticipated. I work in the deli, cutting meat and cheese and fryin’ up some good ‘ol heart achy chicken. One of those chickens being buffalo wings.
When buffalo wings get done frying you put them in a little bucket, pour the hot sauce in, and shake it vigorously. Now the wings are round 200 degrees at the point in which you are saucing them so leaving the lid on is probably not a common mistake. Me on the other hand, I am far from common. I get it all together and step away from the steaming bucket for a whole whopping 10 seconds and when I return to empty the wings into the hot case, it explodes all over me. Practically drenched in buffalo sauce, I’m beyond furious at that moment but stuck chuckling at my self stupidity. Luckily, only about 7 customers and all my coworkers saw it, so it’s not like I was embarrassed or anything (total sarcasm). Oh the perks of working at Wal-Mart.
Overall I truly am blessed for everything and everyone I have in my life and I honestly wouldn’t want my life any different than the way it is now. Unless I could opt out of school and go join Si Robertson on Duck Dynasty, then that’s a whole nother story. Like good ‘ol Si would say, “It is what it is, jack!”

3 comments:

  1. You should change your blog title to "Adventures of a Grubbs". :-)
    I WISH I coulda seen you buffalo-sauced! LOL! Did they take you in the back and hose you down?! :-)
    You left out a few minor details about your spring break...

    Where did all that rebellious poison-ivy-scratchin get ya? Oh that's right... Despite the strong meds you were on, the PI continues to spread...hhhmmm... Being rebellious has a time and a place, young grasshopper!

    I gotta admit that the "Bottle-Rocket-War", though dangerous and stupid, was the most fun we've had in a long time! We definetely need to have more parties in the woods where no one has to worry about damaging cars or houses. :-)
    Thank goodness you were only hit in the cheek and hoody! Coulda been a LOT worse!

    I am SOOOO glad that you are happy again. You have so much going for you...so much to be happy about...and so much to look forward to!

    Your #1 Fan,
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope every one of my fellow bloggers reads this comment so they can see why my mom is my absolute best friend! I love you mom. :)

      Delete
    2. You are both awesome! Love ya! :)

      Delete